Sunday, September 21, 2008

Checking in with myself

I'm going to put it all out there to give myself a swift kick in the ass! My birthday is just under a month away and I had really wanted to be at the goal weight I had set for myself or at least close...as of today I have 33lbs to go. So, I have to be honest and admit that I haven't been as faithful as I should be. I've had some stress as of late and I've dealt with it by falling into old patterns of behavior. I haven't been doing my online food journal, instead I've been relying on my mental journal. Not good, as I know I end up eating more than I should. So, tomorrow it's back to basics. Water, journaling and no grazing! I'm going to have to up my workouts too since as I've become more conditioned I'm not getting the calorie burn I used to. Part of my membership allows for 2 hours of childcare and I'm going to use that. I'm going to take my classes as usual and then go upstairs and either walk/run on the track, treadmill or do the elliptical machine. Perhaps for Christmas I will ask dh for some sessions with a personal trainer. In the meantime, I know I can do better and I will. I've worked too hard to fail now by falling into old habits. I can do this! I will do this!
I'm suppose to be training for a 5K in December so I will ask dh to load up the mp3 player for me and get moving...run, baby run!

0 comments: