Thursday, August 19, 2010

Quilt progress...

Today is the day, I'm definitely going to go pickup a sd card reader because I am anxious to share my quilt progress with you all. I'm so proud of myself. It really is turning out better than I could have hoped for even considering my amateurish stippling. I did discover that I don't love quilting on the singer 15-91. I could never get the rhythm down well. My stitches were very uneven and I also kept skipping stitches. I tried adjusting it and changing needles, but I think it's user error. I switched to quilting it on my Babylock Ellure. Although the harp is pretty small, it's making a lovely stitch and even with my novice efforts it looks a million times better than what I had done on the 15-91. I may end up selling the 15-91. I don't really have the space for it and I purchased it solely for it's reputed quilting ability. Maybe I'll work with it some more and see if I can get better results. In the mean time I'll continue to work on the Ellure. It should be fine since the quilt is only a lap size and I'll have plenty of space. I also purchased machingers and the supreme slider that were recommended on this site. I don't know if they make that much difference. I can say I tried using grippy garden gloves and found them too hot to work with comfortably. The machinger's are light and thin so that makes a huge difference in terms of comfort.
Anyway, I think I should finish this up by next week and then I'll get started on the quilt for M.. So, stay tuned for the big reveal.


Stone Fence Farm said...

Really looking forward to the finished quilt pictures!