Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Privacy and the Internet

Blogging...hmmm, it's therapeutic to say the least...but should you put it all out there? I'm not sure. I keep seeing these commercials warning against the info that you share online. I've heard stories of employers that have fired folks for what they've written on MySpace or Youtube. Hmm...have I said anything that I will later regret? Written something that I would have a problem saying to someone's face. I don't think so. And yet...yet, I know that I censor myself to some degree because there is no privacy online. I could make this a private by invitation only blog, but what would be the point of that? I guess it's just important to remember that it's truly a global society. My dh asked what the deal was w/blogging and I had to think...what is the deal with blogging. I don't know. I like it. I like sharing the quirky things that happen in my life, the love I have for sewing and other crafts. It's makes the world seem just a bit smaller, maybe.

1 comments:

Samantha Caffee said...

I have been thinking about this a lot lately! I have went from no comments on my posts to 200 visits every day and it takes me back a little. I am not ashamed of anything I have ever written, but the whole preditor aspect freaks me a little from time to time. I am not a scary person, I don't worry a lot, but I still try to stay in touch ya know. I have a site meter and I go through every night to see how people got to my blog- what they googled to get there- and I have told myself the day I find something questionable there is the day I shut it down. Isn't it sad we have to be this way, instead of being truly free to say what we feel we need to say with no worries of all the rotten people out there. hope I haven't rambled on too long!