Friday, June 13, 2008

Swimsuit coverup

Getting a bit of sewing in between playing nurse maid and feeling under the weather myself. I whipped up this swimsuit cover-up for O. using the Miss Molly pattern combined with some fun embroidery that I got from Sew forum. I made the dress out of some luscious terry cloth purchased at the Patsy Aiken's attic sale. At the time I didn't know what on earth I'd do with it, but I knew it was a pretty good deal. I'm still working on my placement of designs, I probably should have put the flip flops up a bit higher, but I didn't want them to crowd her name. Overall I'm pleased with it and will probably use the leftovers to make one for my little niece, N.

This is the only view I could get where you could see I had put her name in stacked curlz font.